Camp Big Canoe & COVID-19
Last update: March 23, 2020
This page will be updated with our most current statements about Camp Big Canoe and COVID-19. Please check here for the most up-to-date information as we work hard to prepare for all scenarios this summer.
As we approach the 2020 camping season at Camp Big Canoe in ever evolving circumstances, we want to let you know how we are preparing. We are currently getting ready for another great summer at camp, while monitoring the COVID-19 situation and preparing contingency plans for several different scenarios.
Camp Big Canoe continues to be incredibly intentional about your child’s safety:
- We are in regular communication with the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit (SMDHU) and the Ontario Camps Association (OCA) and will continue to take instructions from them.
- We are always examining our policies and procedures to ensure the optimum health and safety of our community. This year as we do so, we will be updating with specific measures as suggested and required by SMDHU, all levels of government, OCA and the consultation of experts. Our focus includes but is not limited to:
- Pre-arrival and arrival health screening and health response procedures
- Cleaning and sanitizing procedures including specific antiviral measures
- Foodservice procedures
Camp Big Canoe is hoping for the best while preparing for all possibilities:
- Concurrent to our COVID-19 response, Camp Big Canoe’s planning and preparation is continuing as usual: we continue to get ready for another incredible summer at Hart Lake!
- We are currently examining our registration and cancellation policies to ensure confidence remains high for those of you currently registered or considering registration for this summer.
We will continue to be in touch with you regarding our plans, policies, and new protective and reactive procedures for this summer:
- This page on our website will always have our most current statement about Camp Big Canoe and COVID-19
- Join our mailing list to receive all Camp Big Canoe updates
- Follow our social media channels for updates:
Please reach out to Steve Salt (Director) at (416) 722-3625 or email@example.com should you have any questions.
We are thinking of all our campers, families, staff and Camp Big Canoe community at large in these different times, and encourage you all to be safe and build on hope wherever you can.
Yours in Courage and the Spirit of Big Canoe,
Director, Camp Big Canoe
And the Board of Camp Big Canoe